Latin / 'se.ro / verb, adverb, adjective, noun
- Disperse seeds, sow, cultivate
- Bind together, entwine, interweave
sero™ is a regenerative fibre designed to meet the rigorous technical standards required by commercial fabric manufacturing. It is a plug-and-play replacement for synthetic fibre, made from highly efficient, renewable agricultural crops that are some of natures best sources of fibre.
sero™ natural fibre enables manufacturers to create everyday products with a circular, soil-to-soil lifecycle.
Engineered by Nature™
Beyond sustainable, sero™ is intact plant fibre, ideal for creating next generation regenerative consumer products.
- Clean and bright
- Truly sustainable
- Zero plastic
- Forest friendly
- 100% compostable
How We Make IT
sero™ is the product of a farm-to-fibre ecosystem built around regenerative agricultural practices, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
Our raw fibre comes from regional partners selected for quality, consistency, and sustainability.
Plant glues are carefully removed, allowing for the separation, cleaning, and brightening of the fibres.
A series of mechanical processes work to individualize, soften, and standardize each fibre.
Our quality system monitors each step in our manufacturing process to ensure finished fibre meets our rigorous standards and customer requirements.
Quality fibre starts in the field.
The bast crops for the planet
- sero™ fibre crops grow well under reduced and no-till systems. This has been shown to prevent soil erosion and protect soil organic content.
- Hemp requires less fertilizer, irrigation, and pesticides than many conventional crops.
- Hemp can break the cycle of diseases when used in rotation with established crops.
- Encourages a healthy and diverse microbiome.
- The retting process in the harvest of bast fibres stimulates microbial activity, returns nutrients to the soil, and increases soil organic carbon content.
- Shown to support pollinators, such as bees. Hemp produces large amounts of pollen late in the season when supplies are typically decreasing.
- Bast plants are some of the world’s most efficient CO2-to-biomass converters. For example, hemp has been shown to sequester 9-15 tonnes of CO2 per hectare within a 100 day growth cycle.
- High land use efficiency.
- Annual harvest mitigates grower risk and revitalizes local agricultural communities.
- Whole-plant utilization reduces waste while maximizing and diversifying economic returns.
START WITh SERO™
Our fibre is ideal for manufacturing a wide range of natural products. We work with our partners to enhance brand equity through sustainability, transparency, and authenticity.
Certifications & Designations
Our dedication to progressive environmental practices has been acknowledged by multiple independent organizations: